Extremely Tasty Naan Bread Pizza
A doughy flatbread used in South Asian cuisine, naan bread also makes for a perfect pizza base. Throw on some mozzarella cheese, olives and juicy tomatoes, and you’ve got yourself a mouth-watering snack that the old Italian pizzaiolos would approve of!
1/2 onion chopped
1 tsp tomato puree
1 handful cheddar
1/2 red pepper sliced
1 plain naan bread
1 pinch dried basil, finely chopped
1 handful of mozzarella
5 black or green olives
3-4 baby tomatoes halved
You will also need some oil for frying the onions.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a frying pan, fry the onions in oil. Once lightly browned, take aside and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Spread the tomato puree over the naan bread.
- Sprinkle the fried onions, olives, peppers and tomatoes onto the bread.
- Grate the mozzarella and cheddar together, and cover the naan.
- Sprinkle the basil over the cheese to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, serve and enjoy!
Image: Naan bread pizza online image sourced on 19 September 2018 from https://www.lentils.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Quick-and-Easy-Naan-Bread-Pizza-with-Lentils-4.jpg